Traditional Sri Lankan wooden masks & crafts.
Masks used in various dramatic rituals in Sri Lanka can be classified as mythological, demonic, animal-spirit and human figures. Oldest of them are animal and demonic ( or animal-cum-demonic, human-cum-demonic). The significance and designs of mythological masks are associated with iconography of the folk religions of the historical period.
Each variety of mask depicts a different diety or spirit and is widely used in Asian culture to bring good luck and ward off evil.
A staff of 65 employees work on producing these intricately designed wood carvings such as statues and masks, a task that requires creativity and an appreciation the arts. Each piece of carving is carefully designed keeping with the standards the business is reputed for and each one of them has a story of their own.
• We only use wood from Timber Corporation
• We are approved by Tourist Board
• We have easy custom clearance for Ebony Products
• Over 100 different traditional masks are available in different sizes, themes, colours, textures etc.
• Some masks are available both in colour painted & in natural wood finish.
Origins by Nishantha Wood Carvings - Sri Lanka
Partners : www.landmarktravels.com | www.landmarksrilanka.com